CLIENT: The Sonoma Land Trust
c/o Land Trust Consultant
908 College Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Diking and farming use of the project area had resulted in about five (5) feet of subsidence. The purpose of this project was to use dredged materials, from maintenance and new work projects in the San Francisco Bay area, to bring the land to the proper elevations for restoration to tidal wetland habitat.
GBA represented the California State Coastal Conservancy (SCC) by performing the following activities:
- Participated in the US Army Corps of Engineers San Francisco District’s Formal Value Engineering Process of Final Design.
- Reviewed the Corps MCASES Estimates for Placement of Oakland Harbor 42-ft Deepening Project material.
- Provided Miscellaneous Consultation Services, Including Design and Construction Activities.
- Reviewed Final Plans and Specifications for Site Design (Petaluma Flats and Oakland Harbor Dredging), Provided Consultation for the Development of the Project Cost Sharing Agreement Between the Port of Oakland, SCC, and the Corps.
Under separate contract to the Corps’ San Francisco District, GBA:
- Provided Quality Assurance Inspection Services During the Placement of 1.7 Million Cubic Yards of Dredged Material, at the Sonoma Baylands Site as Part of the Oakland Harbor 42-ft Deepening Project.
- Participated with a Consultant Team, to Perform Post-Construction Monitoring Activities Including Topographic Surveying.
- Design Award from the USACE San Francisco District, Chief of Engineers Design and Environmental Awards Program for the Sonoma Baylands Wetland Demonstration Project
Source: GBA, Inc.